Science tells us that 70% or more of the adult body is fluid. Yet, when we touch our clients we primarily relate to that which makes up the other 30%. Fascia is the most abundant tissue in the body. When healthy and spatially organized fascia has a highly fluid quality. Relating to the various fascial components requires that we shift within ourselves in subtle yet significant ways, because the skills necessary for easing superficial fascia are different from those needed to rehydrate ligaments, untwist a bone or decompress the pleura.
In this workshop you’ll be introduced to the osteopathic concept of the Fluid Body and will learn the foundations necessary to more efficiently work with all forms of fascia. Your hands will become more sensitive. You will get more done, with less effort.
We will study and experience the inherent healing aspect of the Fluid Body and how it functions in creating order and integration in the body throughout life from the embryo to the adult. We’ll begin experiencing inherent motion and how it’s function applies to the whole body.
You’ll understand the wholeness principle as an experience instead of a concept.
This allows you to:
work more efficiently, deeply and effectively with less effort
more completely resolve layers of dysfunction and disorganization within all layers of fascia including bones and ligaments
bring the body’s innate reorganizing resources to injuries allowing fascial interventions to be more comprehensive and longer lasting.
Thomas is a faculty member of the Rolf Institute and has been a Rolfer™ for 30 years. He has studied cranial sacral therapy since 1993 and has over 1200 hours of training in biodynamic cranial sacral therapy. Thomas has spent the last 21 years integrating this knowledge into the Rolfing® paradigm and includes this knowledge in all of his sessions and classes. Many of his clients state, “it doesn’t feel like you are doing anything and yet I feel so different!
Gale has been a Rolfer for 26 years and has studied and practiced biodymamic cranial work for 21 years. She has assisted in all phases of the basic Rolfing training as well as other CE trainings. She believes that all people who work with others bodies should understand the value of subtle contact skills and uses these skills in her daily work. She loves the learning process and the challenges of tailoring her teaching to meet the various learning needs of students. She is open to questions and strives to create a safe, receptive learning environment.
Since its inception in 1971, The Rolf Institute of Structural Integration has been dedicated to bringing
Rolfing Structural Integration to the world. The headquarters in Boulder, Colorado, and international
offices in Europe, Brazil, Canada and Japan, are the only schools that certify Rolfers™ and Rolf
5055 Chapparral Court, Suite 103
Boulder, CO 80301
Phone: (303) 449-5903